As an expert in Spanish commercial law, I can say that doing business in Spain has a number of clear advantages compared to many other countries. Statistical research confirms this: in 2016 Spain's economy was ranked 5th in the European Union and 12th in the world (in terms of GDP), as well as 32nd in the world for ease of doing business. This can be explained by several factors. First of all, it is a well-thought-out and transparent legal framework. Second factor: entrepreneurship is actively encouraged and protected by the government at all levels, especially small businesses. Third, the procedure of registration of a company can be called relatively simple. Fourthly, the chances of getting a loan for setting up or developing a business are high.
As a Russian lawyer, I would like to add another factor which is of importance to my compatriots. The government not only allows, but also encourages non-residents to start a business, and a successful business can lead to a residence permit and later on to citizenship.
Of course, there are downsides to doing business in the Kingdom of Spain, as well as many individual nuances. You will find it much easier to understand them if you entrust the legal support to a Russian lawyer.
I offer my clients the following lawyer's services regarding commercial law in Spain:
- Assistance in the choice of a legal form of business that suits you;
- Company registration;
- Investment advice;
- M&A support; and legal advice on mergers and acquisitions;
- Due diligence, drafting and review of commercial contracts;
- Support in bankruptcy and insolvency cases;
- Tax advice and accounting;
- Formation of associations and cooperatives;
- Individual business legal support on a long-term basis or in the form of ad hoc advice and services;
- Challenging the interest rate on a bank loan (Clausula Suelo);
- Disputes and litigation with insurance companies in case of refusal to pay in case of an insurance claim.